The philosophy of Nigerian Air Force College of Nursing Sciences is derived from the foundation philosophy of nursing practice. We believe that:
- Health is a fundamental human right that should be enjoyed by individuals, families and communities, irrespective of race, creed, values, social status, rank, or political affiliation.
- Man is a bio-psycho-social being.
- Man is an integral part of the family, the community and the society.
- It is useful to conceptualize the individual and the environment as open systems engaged in continuous dynamic interaction in which each is susceptible to changes by the other.
- The human environment is therefore a major factor in man’s health status
- Health exists on a continuum ranging from wellness to illness and death. The position of man on the continuum at any point in time is a function of his adaptive capacity.
- Nursing is helping in this relationship, in which, the nursing process assumes a major tool in the provision of nursing care.
- Nursing education is a systematic direction and guidance of
students in an institution recognized and approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- The client is capable of reasoning and he possesses basic ideas, beliefs, and values which guide his actions. He is an active partner in the Nursing care process and participates in crucial decision-making regarding his care and environment.
- Continuing education, as an integral part of nursing education, is a continuous process of educational development, aimed at enhancing professional growth, competency and efficiency in achieving effective health care at all levels. Knowledge should be updated through self-directed learning and the regular participation in continuing education Programs.